Celebrity Readers Program
Become a Celebrity Reader!
Celebrity Readers was created by the Southfield Public Schools Partnership for Education Council and gives participants an opportunity to read to students in Head Start through 5th grade throughout the school year. The program operates in all the district's elementary and K-8 schools, including Bussey Center for Early Childhood Education.
You can help reinforce literacy in the next generation and become a local celebrity at the same time! All it takes is 30 minutes of your time spent with a class at one of our participating schools.
Here’s how it works:
- Reading occurs in the classroom with the teacher present.
- Reader signs up for a particular day and time to visit a school.
- Reader selects a book (with assistance if necessary).
- On the appointed day, bring in a book to share with the class and spend approximately 20 minutes reading the book and engage students in a question & answer session about the story.
- Spend the last 10 minutes discussing how reading is important in your work and/or life.
- Go home and savor the experience!
Become a Celebrity Reader and ensure every student can read and develops a lifelong love of reading. Contact Alise Collier at firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-746-4338 for more information or sign up today!