Welcome to Southfield Public Schools!
At Southfield Public Schools, we know there’s no limit to what our students can achieve - so we offer a wide-range of programs and experiences that lead to lifelong success. Let our highly qualified teachers help prepare your child for a bright future!
Students who will be attending Southfield Public Schools for the first time or re-enrolling must register at:
Child Accounting/Pupil Registration
Southfield Education Center
16299 Mount Vernon
Southfield, MI 48075
Monday - Thursday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Student Registration Information
The laws of Michigan state that a CHILD'S RESIDENCE FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES IS WITH HIS/HER PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN.
Required Enrollment Documents
Parent/Legal Guardian MUST provide:
A. Proof of Residency of Students K-12
- House Closing Papers or Mortgage Documents
- Apartment or House Rental Lease
- Two (2) Current Utility Bills (within 30 days) or Connection Notices
B. Kindergarten Students
- Original Birth Certificate or Green Card/Passport
- Court Ordered Guardianship Documents (if applicable)
- Current Immunization Records
- Vision Screening
C. Students Grade 1-12
- Current Immunization Records
- Birth Certificate or Green Card/Passport
- Court Ordered Documents (if applicable)
- Latest Report Card / Unofficial Transcript
Enrollment Information & District Forms
School of Choice 2018-19
The Southfield Public Schools Board of Education approved limited Schools of Choice (Section 105) openings in 1st through 9th grade for Oakland County residents for the 2018-19 school year. The application period is August 6 - August 20, 2018. Completed applications must be returned to the pupil registration office (16299 Mount Vernon, Southfield, MI 48075) by 4 p.m., August 20, 2018. Applicants will receive email notification of their student's schools of choice status by Friday, Aug. 24.
School of Choice application window now closed.
For New and Re-Enrollment Students
Residency Help Guide
Are you currently residing with a Southfield/Lathrup Village resident or relative?
Did you recently relocate to Southfield/Lathrup Village and temporarily residing with a Southfield/Lathrup Village resident?
Is your place of residence in Southfield/Lathrup Village in someone else's name (i.e. the leaseholder signed the lease agreement and you are listed as an occupant)?
If you have answered "yes" to any of the above questions, a parent/guardian must provide the following documents for registration:
1. Original Birth Certificate or Green Card/Passport of the student
2. Current Immunization Record of the student
3. Recent Report Card/Unofficial Transcript
4. Two Current Utility Bills (bearing the name and address of the owner/leasholder of Southfield/Lathrup Village)
5. Proof of Home Ownership/Lease Agreement (i.e. Deed, Closing Statement, Recent Tax Assessment Slip, Mortgage Payment Book with the resident's name and address attached). Lease agreement should include a letter from management to verify occupancy.
6. Four different pieces of current business mail with parent/legal guardian name with the Southfield/Lathrup Village address (DO NOT INCLUDE MAGAZINES, FLYERS, PICTURE IDENTIFICATION, DRIVER'S LICENSE OR VOTER'S REGISTRATION CARD)
Only the documents listed will be accepted as proof of residency. Southfield Public Schools reserves the right to verify residency documentation provided at the time of enrollment. During this process, registration may be delayed due to verification.
Pupil Registration Staff
SOUTHFIELD PUBLIC SCHOOLS STATEMENT OF NON DISCRIMINATION & EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Southfield Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, height, weight, marital status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic, in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities. The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: Title VI Coordinator - Vickie Hall, 248-746-8987; Title II & Title IX Coordinators - Ricky Fountain, 248-746-8580 or Alise Collier, 248-746-4338; Section 504 Coordinator - Daryl Beebe, 248-746-0045. All complaints may be addressed to 24661 Lahser Road, Southfield, MI 48033.
Want to learn more about a particular school?
Parents and students interested in learning more about any of our schools are welcome to schedule a tour. To schedule a tour, please contact the school office directly. Our staff will be happy to work with you and answer any questions that you may have.